What kind of tutoring is available?
Pembroke teachers are early childhood specialists (K-6), and our certified teachers can provide help in all school subjects. We can also support your K-3 child if he or she has a reading improvement and monitoring plan as a result of Ohio’s Third Grade Reading Guarantee. We can even evaluate children to determine if they are reading as well as they should be.
- First, with your permission, we connect with your child’s classroom teacher in order to develop a partnership.
- Next, we address skill gaps in order to build confidence and mastery.
- We can then focus on reinforcing skills that are being taught in the classroom while helping your child complete and understand homework assignments.
- We carefully align our tutoring to the Ohio Content Standards and each student’s district course of study.
- We report back to you after each session.
Individualized programs are available in beginning reading, grammar, writing process, math and study skills. Challenging enrichment activities can even be designed for high achievers.